Can I get a fiance visa? 4 Answers as of May 31, 2011

I am a green card holder I have a fiancee` live in Trinidad. I want him to come 2 the US but he don’t have his visa all he has is his passport. My question is can I get a fiancee` visa for him or can I get a visa for him because I am a green card holder. Can you help me please.

No. You need to be a US citizen for that. First get US Citizenship, then you can file for your fiancee. Good luck!
No you must be a U.S. citizen to petition your fiance.
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law | Eric Mark
You cannot get a fiance visa unless you are a citizen. If you were married, you could apply for a visa as spouse, but as a green card holder there will be a wait time. If you become a citizen, you could apply for a fiance visa or if you got married he would be eligible for an immediate visa. Retaining an attorney to help with the process would be a good idea.
Immigration Law Offices of Misiti Global, PLLC.
Immigration Law Offices of Misiti Global, PLLC. | Nicklaus Misiti
No you need to be a US citizen to petition for a fiance visa. You can petition for them for their green card through marriage but it takes between 3-4 years for a green card holder.