Can I get embezzlement and fraud charges dropped to a misdemeanor? 1 Answers as of February 04, 2011

I worked at a retail store, and my friend wanted me to help her get some stuff, so I deleted items that I rang up and also created fake merchandise credit. I know this is fraud and embezzlement, but I never walked out with anything the merchandise credit stayed in the store unused, we gave them the clothes back and they still want to press charges. I am 18 years old and have no record, I wasn't taken to jail but I am taking myself and I was wondering if I could possible get this dropped. or that I assisted her and I never left with any merchandise she did, I never gave the merchandise credit away it still remained in the store. The police said because I am cooperating he thinks they will drop it to a misdemeanor, but can I possible get it completely dropped.

Get a lawyer to represent you on these serious criminal charges. (Forget about what the cop is claiming about the charges being dropped to a misdemeanor.) And, if you cannot afford to hire a competent criminal defense counsel on your own, then ask the court to appoint one for you.