Can I get a DWI expunged? How? 5 Answers as of May 07, 2015

Can I get a DWI be taken completely off the record?

Anderson Law Office
Anderson Law Office | Scott L. Anderson
Depends how old it is. If it is within ten years it is very difficult in MN because a prior DUI can lead to enhanced charges should you get another offense.
S. Joseph Schramm | Joseph Schramm
If your D.U.I. is your first offense and if you successfully completed the Accelerated Rehabilitation Disposition program (A.R.D.) that is often offered to first time offenders with a low blood alcohol content, your arrest record for D.U.I. will be automatically expunged in 10 years if you are not arrested for a second D.U.I. offense.
The Law Offices of Harold L. Wallin | Harold L. Wallin
In Illinois, a DUI can be expunged only if it had been dismissed or you were found not guilty. If that is the case, then you will need to file a Petition for Expungement with the court where your case was held.
Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
Cynthia Henley, Lawyer | Cynthia Henley
Unless the case was dismissed without probation or a sentence or you were found not guilty, the case can never be expunged.
You need to have successfully completed the entire term of probation, have nothing criminal pending, and not be on probation for any other offense(s). Contact a lawyer to file the petition for expungement on your behalf.