Can I get a DUI expunged if I fulfilled the requirements? 7 Answers as of June 18, 2015

When I was 20, I was convicted for a DUI. After having been convicted in court, I've completed all of the requirements, and would like to have the charge expunged. Is this possible?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
No. See website for info on retaining the right attorney for your next DUI, because you got the first DUI while under 21:
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 6/18/2015
Universal Law Group, Inc. | Francis John Cowhig
In California, DUIs remain on your DMV record for 10 years and cannot be expunged from your DMV record. The DUI convictions may be expunged from the court records, at the discretion of a judge, but can still be used as enhancements for future DUI filings and convictions.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/16/2015
Law Office of Jeff Yeh
Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
You need to have successfully completed the entire term of probation, have nothing criminal pending, and not be on probation for any other offense(s). Contact a lawyer to file the petition for expungement on your behalf.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/15/2015
Richard B. Jacobson & Associates, LLC | Richard B. Jacobson
So far as this general practice lawyer can tell, there is no provision in the law for an OWI conviction to be expunged. But why not just call an OWI lawyer (check the Yellow pages, or online at, or with your state bar) and ask if it can be expunged? You'll probably a quick, economical and reliable answer.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 6/15/2015
The Law Offices of Harold L. Wallin | Harold L. Wallin
No, DUIs are not eligible for expungement in Illinois.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 6/15/2015
    Law Office of Russell A. Warren
    Law Office of Russell A. Warren | Russell A. Warren
    You would need to contact a Criminal Defense Lawyer in the state in which you got that charge. Every state has different expungement statutes and you case would need to be evaluated in light of those.
    Answer Applies to: Missouri
    Replied: 6/15/2015
    Chambers Law Firm
    Chambers Law Firm | Dan E. Chambers
    Yes, it is possible.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 6/15/2015
Click to View More Answers:

Need more information on drunk driving law? Visit our free DUI resource page to learn more.

If you need immediate assistance, fill out a free case evaluation form to connect with a DUI lawyer in your area today!