Can I get a DUI expunged? 2 Answers as of June 08, 2011

I was convicted of a DUI over a year and a half ago. It was my first offense and I blew a .09. I have not had anything before or since, no speeding tickets or anything. Having this on my record is obviously extremely bothersome. It was a poor mistake and as I have now graduated from college and start applying to jobs, I need to keep listing it on my job applications when asked if I have been convicted of a crime. I'm wondering if I am ever going to be able to expunge this embarrassment from my otherwise CLEAN record?!

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Vermeulen Law office P.A.
Vermeulen Law office P.A. | Jacob T. Erickson
No, you really can't. Minnesota's current expungement laws do not clear your records from the executive branch, including the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension who maintains rap sheets. In order to get a perfectly "clean" record, you have to have been charged with the offense, but never plead guilty or be found guilty or have a judge find that there was probable cause to believe that you were guilty.
Answer Applies to: Minnesota
Replied: 6/8/2011
Beaulier Law Office
Beaulier Law Office | Maury Beaulier
Under Minnesota law, you may not receive a statutory expungement if you were convicted of the offense.
Answer Applies to: Minnesota
Replied: 6/8/2011
Click to View More Answers: