Can I get a drug felony expunged? 1 Answers as of January 11, 2011

I was charged with delivery of crack cocaine less than a gram. Received deferred adjudication but broke it one year later and served one year state jail time. I went to a drug recovery center in 2006 and I have not been in any trouble since. I live life in society working to support myself and 14 year old daughter. My job wants to promote me but this felony could stop it and also I need to provide a place to live for my daughter and myself but cannot rent an apartment because of the felony. Would this qualify to be expunged off my record?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Tim W. Avery
Law Office of Tim W. Avery | Tim W. Avery
Unfortunately you can't get an expunction since you were convicted. Had you successfully completed the deferred adjudication, you could had been entitled to apply for an order of nondisclosure. But since that was revoked and resulted in a final conviction, that option is not available.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 1/11/2011
Click to View More Answers: