Can I get a drivers license after not taking care of 14-year-old traffic tickets in Illinois? 2 Answers as of March 29, 2011

I moved back home to Illinois after living in New York for 14 years. There were some traffic tickets that I did not take care of before I left, and I didn’t have a problem with some tickets I moved back. Now that I moved back for work, a warrant for these tickets appeared. Can I get rid of them so I can get a drivers license?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Steven R. Decker
Law Offices of Steven R. Decker | Steven Decker
You can attempt to file a motion to reinstate the old case and vacate the ex-parte judgement , dispose of the case in court, and send the disposition to the Secretary of State. Or you could continue to keep driving illegally and do time in jail every time you are caught.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 3/29/2011
Click to View More Answers: