Can I get domestic violence expunged in Michigan? 5 Answers as of May 20, 2011

In 2006 was charged with domestic violence. Plead no contest did my probation and charges were dismissed. My problem is that I want to join the army but with the domestic charge I am not allowed. Is there any thing I can do? can I get It expunged or completely removed from record?

Jules N. Fiani, Attorney at Law
Jules N. Fiani, Attorney at Law | Jules Fiani
Yes, you can have it expunged. Hire an experienced attorney such as myself, visit my website for more information.
You may seek expungement after 5 years from the date of a conviction if you have no other misdemeanors or felonies on your record. Should you need assistance with this, you may contact my office as indicated below. I hope that this was helpful.
I believe that domestic violence is one charge that can never be completely removed from your record. However, since you were not convicted, there should be no conviction record. For more information, contact us.
You can get the charge expunged as long as that is the only charge on your record and it has been at least five years since you pleaded guilty. You should contact an attorney that does expungements or you can do the process yourself.
The charges were dismissed. That's the best you can do.