Can I get divorced quickly with ex-wife’s signature? 3 Answers as of May 15, 2017

I thought I was divorced and is due to be married in 45 days.

Law Offices of Gerard A Fierro
Law Offices of Gerard A Fierro | Gerard A Fierro
A divorce judgment can be signed by both spouses along with other required documents. The documents are then submitted to the family law clerk for processing. In Los Angeles, the documents can take from 8 to 12 weeks to be processed by the court. IN my experience it is not common for the court to grant emergency walk in judgments although it can be attempted.
Peyton and Associates | Barbara Peyton
No. It takes 180 days from the date the other side is served with divorce papers. this is true even when both sides agree.
In California, the minimum amount of time it takes to conclude a divorce and being returned of the status of a single person is six months and the day after the petition for divorce was served. Please meet with an experienced family law attorney to assess your options.