Can I get a divorce without my husbands signature? 1 Answers as of June 17, 2011

I have an order of protection against my husband since aug of 2010 and don't know where he is how can I get a divorce without his signature?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Theodore W. Robinson, P.C.
Theodore W. Robinson, P.C. | Theodore W. Robinson
Yes, in fact, all that must be done is he must be served with the Summons and Complaint or it can be left at his last known residence or a court may order service by publication and if he fails to respond, a divorce will be granted on default. Speak to a matrimonial lawyer for specifics. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 6/17/2011
Click to View More Answers: