Can I get a divorce if I do not know where my husband is? 6 Answers as of July 13, 2011

My husband was dishonorably discharged from the Military then disappeared. I don't know where he is, so I can't have him served. How can I go forward with a divorce? We have a 7 year old daughter, however no other assets together.

Pontrello Law
Pontrello Law | William Pontrello
yes its called constructive service, see the clerk of court or better yet get a lawyer.
Apple Law Firm PLLC
Apple Law Firm PLLC | David Goldman
Yes you can get divorced. You can have him found by an asset or person search and if not there are ways to serving him by publication. You should talk with a Florida Divorce lawyer about your options.
Michael D. Fluke, P.A.
Michael D. Fluke, P.A. | Michael D. Fluke
If you cannot locate the other Party, service by publication is authorized in Florida. This can be complicated and a diligent search must be completed. Many local clerks offer a packet with instructions. Before attempting this yourself, I suggest you consult a local Family Law attorney to discuss your case in greater detail and learn all of your rights and options. Good luck.
Gregory T. Buckley, Attorney at Law
Gregory T. Buckley, Attorney at Law | Gregory T. Buckley
If you cannot find an address for him, you may serve him either by publication in a local newspaper or by having a Notice posted in the Clerk of Court's office. Check with your local Clerk for which option might be best for you.
Joanna Mitchell & Associates, P.A.
Joanna Mitchell & Associates, P.A. | Joanna Mitchell
You would have to make a good faith effort to locate your Husband, and if that failed, then you could serve him via publication. Because you have a minor child involved, it is strongly recommended that you consult with an attorney to assist you in this process.