Can I get a disorderly conduct dropped? 3 Answers as of February 17, 2012

Happened at a food stand in-between a couple of bars the food stand was voted illegal by the city council but has not been removed is there any way to get out of the disorderly conduct charge by saying if the city had removed the illegal food stand that the disorderly conduct would have never taken place it happened in Georgia

Speaker Law Firm
Speaker Law Firm | Theodore Speaker
From what you told me - No. Call an attorney.
H. Scott Basham, Attorney at Law, P.C. | H. Scott Basham
I doubt it. One person's illegal conduct is generally no excuse for illegal conduct on your own part. An attorney would know what your best defenses are.
If someone shot your mother at the food stand, could they escape murder charges with your same argument? Do you think they should be able to? I cannot be convicted or murder, because if the city had gotten rid of the illegal food stand, she would not have been ordering food, and I would not have tried to rob her when she pulled out her wallet to pay for the food, and I would not have shot her. Do you think that argument should work? No. No. No. Then you cannot escape with that argument either.