Can I get a dismissed harassment charge expunged from my record? 3 Answers as of June 13, 2011

I was arrested for harassment (Class III-DV). The person admitted to making false claims to the police and the case was dismissed. Can I get this arrest cleared from my record in Alabama?

There is no expungement in Alabama.
Maybe, depending on where in Alabama. There is a statute that allows for expungement under circumstances where the incorrect individual is convicted. You may be able to argue by analogy that there was an error in you being identified as the perpetrator. We used to do expungements down here, but the local history prevents them for the most part today, unless there is a statutory basis. Stay well.
There is no expungement law in the State of Alabama. There has, in the past, been an expungement bill pending in the Alabama Legislature but it has yet to pass.