Can I get custody returned to me? Posted on April 21, 2011

I have had custody of my daughter since 2002 when she was 4. When my daughter was 9 I remarried and became a blended family. My daughter did not handle it well and my ex wife would also add reasons for her not to except my marriage. Well last year my exwife took me back to court for custody because our daughter wanted to live with her. The judge believed our daughter was old enough to choose where she wanted to live at age 11 so he granted the reverse in custody. Since this last year I have been keeping a close eye on my daughters academics since her school has an online portal to do so and I am worried her living with her mother is not in her best interest. Her grades are failing. She has several F's on her report card and isn't turning in her school work. Her grades were never this bad while she lived with me. My question is, is this a reasonable excuse to go back in front of a judge to have custody returned to me regardless of what my daughter wants? I know she will choose her mother because her mother spoils her to keep our daughter on her side. I just don't know what to do. I know in my heart that living with her mother is not going to benefit her well being.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: