Can I get custody or guardianship of a non biological child? Posted on April 19, 2011

I have been with my fiance since before my daughter was born and the biological father did not start coming around until after the paternity test. The biological father asked if and agreement could be made and he would pay 300 dollars a month and have the first and third weekend of the month for visitation. My daughter’s father did not sign the birth certificate and also did not take me to court to gain any guardianship. My fiance would like to gain guardianship over my daughter due to the fact that her biological father did not go to court to do so. Also we have been documenting on my daughter biological father because he shows parenting skill that I feel to be unfit and does not compromise in any situations. He feels he has all the rights to call the shots because he has a paternity test to prove he is the father. The information I am hoping to obtain is this: I would like know if my fiance could gain full guardianship over my daughter. Any information would be helpful.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: