Can I get custody of our 10 year old US-born daughter? 2 Answers as of October 12, 2017

I'm British living in Florida for 24 years on a Green Card. I moved to Florida with my husband who is also British. He took American Citizenship 15 years ago. I want to divorce him and move back to the UK with our 10 year old US born daughter. He will remain in Florida and has a job. I'm not working currently and haven't since our daughter was born. He says he will let me take her to the UK and will help with child support. Can I do this with just his approval? How do we do this legally? Can we do this without Lawyers and/or Court?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Ronald L. Bornstein, P.A. | Ronald L. Bornstein
If both of you are in agreement, it can be resolved amicably. However, multi-jurisdictional cases like yours, especially international ones, can be complicated and should be handled by an experienced attorney in such matters, who has particular experience with Hague cases. The money spent now may potentially save thousands from having to be spent in the future. Consult an attorney to discuss the specifics of your situation and your options.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 10/12/2017
R. Jason de Groot, P.A
R. Jason de Groot, P.A | R. Jason de Groot
If you do not have his written permission to return to the UK with your daughter. He can file a divorce and get it ordered that you must return the child. The very best thing to do, since it appears that you might have an uncontested divorce, is to have a full discussion with a family attorney.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 10/12/2017
Click to View More Answers: