Can I get custody of my niece if her mother has abandoned her? Posted on July 13, 2011

I want to get full custody of my niece. I have had her since she was 2 months old. She is now going on 8 months. My sister is a drug addict. She has no home for the kids and no vehicle and I have not heard from her. Her husband (the baby’s father) is in jail. He is not fit to take care of the child either when he gets out. I have power of attorney of the child but I want custody of her. How do I do this? Oh and they are in a case with dcs also. There are 3 other children who were abandoned but are living with my mother.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: