Can I get custody of my grandson? 2 Answers as of November 29, 2012

My daughter is back with her baby's father. He's an abusive boyfriend. He's hit my daughter many times even when she was pregnant. He's never really been responsible. When my grandson was born he didn't help my daughter with the newborn. Since my daughter has moved in again we pay for diapers & any necessity he needs. In one situation we had to call the cops because he charged my daughter up angry. Is this enough to get custody of my grandson?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Woods, May & Matlock, PC
Woods, May & Matlock, PC | Robert J. Matlock
No experienced lawyer will give an absolute answer about any child custody question - there are too many variables A grandparent must prove that both parents are unfit to have custody or the grandparent must have had possession of the grandchild for 6 months in order to have standing to ask for custody.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 11/29/2012
Mary W Craig P.C. | Mary W Craig
This may be enough to get temporary custody of your grandson, and have the judge order the baby's father to get anger management, or for the two of them to get parenting training. You need to protect your grandson, but be prepared that you will have to testify against your daughter as well because of her choice of living arrangements.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 11/29/2012
Click to View More Answers: