Can I get custody of my daughter if her father is in jail? 1 Answers as of March 07, 2012

I need to know if I can put it in the paper for my fiance to legally adopt my daughter. I heard that i can do this and if the father does not respond the the person who does respond can legally do it. I dont even want him to have visitation when he gets out. He has never changed a diaper and has only seen her a handfull of times.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Roianne H. Conner
Law Office of Roianne H. Conner | Roianne Houlton Conner
You must first file for a termination of the parental rights of the father before any adoption can go forward.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 3/7/2012
Click to View More Answers: