Can I get credit for child support payments I made while I lived with my ex-husband and our children? 1 Answers as of February 22, 2017

I paid child support to him through the court and paid all my children's expenses for school etc. I also paid some of his bills and rent because he was out of work.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Michael Anthony Wing, P.C.
Michael Anthony Wing, P.C. | Michael Anthony Wing
You will get credit for the CS payments that you can prove were made. Additional support such as his bills might be viewed as a gift depending on your Judge. POTENTIALLY, you could argue that during the period of reconciliation that no support was due, as you were living together as a family, if that argument would benefit you based on whatever payments you made.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 2/22/2017
Click to View More Answers: