Can I get credit for 2nd offender DUI classes? 3 Answers as of October 06, 2015

I was convicted of a second DUI in 2009. Shortly there after I became homeless. As a veteran, I enrolled in several alcohol and life programs. From 2011 to 2012, I was in 3 in residency programs for substance abuse which I completed, and from 2012 to 2014, I was in another transition program with the same requirements which I completed as well. I have not had a drink since 2/2/2011 and I continue to go to meetings and maintain my sobriety. In 2012, I went to a "Stand Down" and the legal services there squashed all my fines and probation, essentially leaving me with the classes. The judge said he couldn't squash those because DMV policy superseded his authority to do so or he would have. Personally that blows my mind that an agency is above the court, but I digress. I'm having a hard time getting quality work without a license and wondered if I can get credit for all the programs I have completed. There is no warrant for my arrest by the way. Thanks for your input.

You need to start and complete one entire state mandated program if it is for DMV purposes and regaining/keeping your license. You don't make that clear. And no you do not get credit for other programs you may have attended over the years.
Law Office of Edward J. Blum
Law Office of Edward J. Blum | Edward J. Blum
You have to complete the class to get your license back.
Hudson Bair | Hudson Bair
Short answer, "no." If you have not attended and completed the DUI program required by the DMV you will be unable to get a license until you do, regardless of the extra steps you took to get and maintain your sobriety or the fact you served your country, I wish it was different.