Can I get a consultation on obtaining a Post Conviction Relief in Michigan? 5 Answers as of August 03, 2011

In 2009 I was convicted of Recieving & Concealing stolen property. This is my first & only offense, upon researching I found out about the PCR law in MI. I am just looking for some help. Thank you.

I do not know what you mean by PCR Law In Michigan, you could have gotten a deferred sentence, under MCL 771.1, you could have gotten HYTA, if age eligible, or, if time is passed and it is after your plea and sentence, then you could wait 5 years and ask for an expungement if this is your only offense.
What is needed for an expungment is several things. First it is your only conviction ( There is a change in the law that allows more than one conviction in certain circumstances.) Second it can't be a offense that carries life as a punishment. Third it can't involve a traffic type offense like drunk driving. Fourth 5 years have to pass from the date of sentencing or if you were incarcerated, date of release. Finally you have to convince the judge that you deserve to have it expunged. (It is in the judge's sole discretion.) Get an attorney to help you.
Most attorneys would provide you with an initial consulation on a legal matter.
Jules N. Fiani, Attorney at Law
Jules N. Fiani, Attorney at Law | Jules Fiani
I'm guessing you are talking about setting aside a conviction or an expungement. You would have to wait five years before you would be eligible to apply and you can only have one conviction of any kind on your record. You can consult with an attorney in 2014 to help you through the process.