Can I get a conditional license after getting a DWI? 5 Answers as of July 12, 2013

I am 19 was just charged with a dwi. I blew a 1.1 at the station. I have a job that I've had for almost two years and most likely starting a second job in a few weeks. Do you think I will get a conditional license? And how long will I lose my license?

You did not have a 1.1, you had a .11 which is just over the .08 legal limit. If you had a 1.1 you would have been dead. You will likely be convicted of Driving Whiled Impaired and lose your license for a year. You may be able to get a conditional license in Drinking Driving School to go to work and school. Drunk driving is a very serious crime that causes thousands of serious injuries and deaths every year. You should retain an experienced criminal attorney to handle the case.
This response is general information only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. However, I would need more details to determine if you could get an conditional license.
No, you will not get a conditional license because you were an underage drinker and you were intoxicated as far as the DMV is concerned. You will likely lose your license until you are 21. If you want to fight it, you will need to hire the very best attorney you can find - but I'm afraid the outcome will likely be the same because of how the law is written. Sorry. Good luck.
Expert Bronx Criminal Lawyers
Expert Bronx Criminal Lawyers | Alexander Sanchez
Driving while intoxicated (.08 or higher) carries a 6 month license suspension, a drunk drivers program, and a car lock (which can only be unlocked by blowing through a device which shows no alcohol, and fines. DWI is a Class A misdemeanor. Driving while impaired (.05 to .08) is a violation, not a crime, but carries a 90 day license suspension. Your lawyer may be able to negotiate your DWI down to a DUI. Once a plea has been entered, and you have been sentenced, you can apply to the Dept. of Motor Vehicles for a conditional license. This is discretionary, but on a simple DWI it is usually granted once you have completed the Drunk Drivers Program.
Palumbo and Kosofsky | Michael Palumbo
There are a lot of issues at stake, especially since you are under 21 years old. You need competent legal representation ASAP. Have your parents call me to discuss our office representing you.