Can I get a class A misdemeanor sealed so I can obtain employment? 8 Answers as of February 24, 2013

I had prescribed pill in my purse but it was not in the bottle, it was loose.

Law office of Robert D. Scott | Robert Scott
It depends, the court clerk can help you with the expungement process.
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq. | John J. Carney
You should have retained a good criminal lawyer to get that charge dismissed if you had a prescription for that pill. New York does not have an expungment statute so the conviction can never be erased but you may be able to make a 440.10 motion to vacate on ineffective assistance of counsel. You should have gone to trial and tried to win the case since it was a misdemeanor and you plead to a misdemeanor. Unless you had a bad record you were not going to jail so you had nothing to lose. You got bad advice unless there is more to the story, which there often is.
In Michigan this can only be done if the matter is expunged. The statute makes you wait for 5 years, and then apply to the judge and you can't (with a few exceptions have any other convictions.
Consult an attorney.
No, but you can get it expunged after you complete probation. Contact an attorney to see if you qualify.
    Toivonen Law Office | John Toivonen
    You can have the conviction set aside, but it must be 5 years after probation has been completed or the sentence has been served, whichever occurs later. You have to apply for a set aside, and the application must go to the prosecutor and the Attorney General.
    Not in Alabama. It is not a crime if out of bottle and you have prescription.
    Rizio & Nelson
    Rizio & Nelson | John W. Bussman
    There is a big difference between "sealing" your record and "expunging" it in California. Id need a lot more info to determine whether or not you are eligible for either of those deals.