Can I get child support dropped if my sons situation is considered emancipation? Posted on August 09, 2011

This is a question about emancipation in Mississippi. My son is 19 years old and has decided to only go to school part time. He states next year he will go back full time but just wanted to work. I feel like he is only going part time in order to still get child support. I am not in support of him going to school part time. He is working 30 to 35 hours per week. I am paying $533.00 per month. My question is: If he is only going to college part time and working that many hours is that considered emancipation in Mississippi and do I have a case to go to court to get child support dropped?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: