Can I get child custody of my daughter after her father passed away? Posted on March 12, 2011

My daughter went to live with her father about a year and a half ago. He passed away last month. She refuses to leave his house. She is living with his girlfriend. She will be 18 shortly. I have been ordered to pay support above and beyond what my state says. If she is refusing to leave a house in which she has no legal family is she, in fact, emancipating herself? My sister lives about 10 minutes away and has gladly opened her house to her so that she can finish her senior year of high school at a private school her father enrolled her in.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: