Can I get a chemical evaluation at a place qualified of my choosing instead of where they want me to go? 3 Answers as of July 26, 2013

This is for Minnesota.

The answer depends on why the chemical use assessment is necessary. You must consult with an attorney regarding the particular nature of your case.
Charles M. Schiff, Attorney at Law
Charles M. Schiff, Attorney at Law | Charles M. Schiff
As long as you receive the evaluation from an accredited Chemical Dependency Evaluator, the courts and Corrections Departments usually have no objection. Sometimes there are objections if it is believed that you will not be truthful with the Evaluator. As long as the professional is given all the background information, there is no reason to choose one professional over another.
Ascheman & Smith | Landon Ascheman
This depends on the case details. Often a chem eval can be done at several different locations. You may need approval from the court or probation officer however.