Can I get a check from disability and how? 8 Answers as of May 24, 2013

I go to a mental health doctor every 2 weeks and sometimes once a month. I have no job or income. I need help.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
A. Dawn Hayes & Assoc. P.A.
A. Dawn Hayes & Assoc. P.A. | A. Dawn Hayes
Contact the local Social Security Disability office to see if you qualify for disability benefits.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 5/24/2013
Peters Law, PLLC
Peters Law, PLLC | Mark T. Peters, Sr.
First you have to file for social security disability. Go to the social security office and ask for help.
Answer Applies to: Idaho
Replied: 5/24/2013
Steven Miller | Steven Miller
apply to the employment development department.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/24/2013
Lydy & Moan | C. Gary Wilson
Not enough information. To win Social Security Disability, many factors are looked at, including age, education, past work, diagnosis and inability to work for 12 months or more.
Answer Applies to: Ohio
Replied: 5/23/2013
File a disability claim with the Social Security Administration. I recomend that you do this through an attorney, and not try to do it yourself.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 5/23/2013
    Loren Lambert
    Loren Lambert | Loren Lambert
    If you're illness prevents you from making over $1000 a month you may be entitled to Social Security's disability benefits. If your employer before you left your job had you on a short-term or long-term disability plan this may also apply. I have been representing people seeking Social Security disability benefits for over 15 years.
    Answer Applies to: Utah
    Replied: 5/23/2013
    KEYL ADR Services, LLC | Mark D. Keyl
    You will need to file at your nearest Social Security office for disability. Make sure your doctor is a specialist and has diagnosed you to be disabled and unable to work.
    Answer Applies to: Mississippi
    Replied: 5/23/2013
    Law Office of Jack Longert, LLC | Jack Longert
    You should talk to someone who handles Social Security Disability or Supplemental Security Income cases. They would want to know more information.
    Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
    Replied: 5/23/2013
Click to View More Answers: