Can I get charged for polygamy if I am a non us citizen but married to two wives, a US citizen & a non US citizen? 2 Answers as of September 22, 2014

I'm a non us citizen (Egyptian) used to live in the USA 8 years ago when I got married to a US citizen, years later we got separated and I left USA in 2010 before applying for my green card. I moved to UAEs and got married again to a non US citizen as my second wife (laws in UAE permit Polygamy). It's have been 5 years now and I would like to apply for a B2 visa to visit USA (and get divorced from my first wife). Do you think I could be charged for Polygamy in the embassy of USA in UAE?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Linda Rose Fessler | Linda Fessler
Yes, but I doubt it.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/22/2014
Alena Shautsova
Alena Shautsova | Alena Shautsova
You can be charged with bigamy and denied visa as a person practicing polygamy.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 9/22/2014
Click to View More Answers: