Can I get a bench warrant if I am hospitalized before and after the assigned court date? 5 Answers as of October 11, 2013

I am in a psyche ward because of auditory hallucinations and suicidal thoughts. My court date is 4 days away.

Have your attorney notify the court where you are.
Yes you can, because the Judge wouldn't know about your hospitalization. You should hire a lawyer, who can go to court without you present so a warrant isn't issued.
You will get a bench warrant, IF the judge does not know where you are on your court date.
You could, however, if it is a fact you will be committed, you should inform the court and they can give you a continuance.
Gregory Casale Attorney at Law
Gregory Casale Attorney at Law | Gregory Casale
Your lawyer will need to explain this, with written confirmation, to the court. If no one appears, a warrant will issue. All information and analysis provided herein is for Massachusetts law and Massachusetts cases, only. If your matter or question involves the laws of another state please disregard this post and seek advice from an attorney licensed to practice law in the applicable state.