Can I get the bankruptcy info removed from my credit report? How? 11 Answers as of June 16, 2015

I filed for a bankruptcy but then backed out at the last minute. My credit report says some things listed are on a Chapter 13 file. It also says that my Chapter 13 was dismissed on the bottom. How do I get this removed from my report?

You can't. People how say this can be done a scamming you and the credit reporting system. It will eventually come back - they just file a dispute letter and when the time on that runs out the bankruptcy comes back on.
The ads that promise to remove negative information from your credit reports are scams. ?The only things that can be removed from your credit reports are items that are incorrect. ?the procedure is simple and free. Since you did file bankruptcy, it will remain on your credit report for 10 years. ?However, your credit score is based on recent history rather than old items. ?Having a late payment or a delinquent account will severely damage your credit score, don't borrow more than you can afford to repay and make your payments on time. ?Your credit score will be solid.
Deborah F Bowinski, Attorney & Counselor at Law | Debby Bowinski
The fact that a chapter 13 case was filed is historical information and cannot be removed from the public records portion of your credit report. Apparently, you did not "back out" of the filing until after the case was filed with the court.
Credit report is factual information. So if you actually filed and your case was dismissed then it is correct, if you did not file then send proof to the credit reporting agencies to remove. If they don't then we can sue them under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Eranthe Law Firm
Eranthe Law Firm | Cate Eranthe
A bankruptcy filing stays on your credit report for 10 years. It sounds like its an accurate report since it says dismissed on it. You could have a Fair Credit Reporting Act attorney review it for you to double check. Just because you didn't complete the bankruptcy doesn't mean it wasn't filed and should not be reported.
    When you pull the trigger and file a bankruptcy, the damage to your credit is done. Backing out does not change the correct reporting with the credit bureaus that you filed bankruptcy.
    Stittleburg Law Office
    Stittleburg Law Office | Bernd Stittleburg
    No, it will fall of after 7 or 10 years depending on which type of bankruptcy was filed. 7 years for Ch 13 and 10 years for Ch 7.
    Law Office of Stuart M. Nachbar, P.C.
    Law Office of Stuart M. Nachbar, P.C. | Stuart M. Nachbar
    Can't be removed.
    Charles Schneider, P.C.
    Charles Schneider, P.C. | Charles J. Schneider
    It does not seem that these references are false therefore they are entitled to remain.
    Scott Goldstein | Scott Goldstein
    You cannot remove the filing until it comes off in the ordinary course.
    Why remove something which is true? You filed a BR and then dismissed it. You'd rather not have the work bankruptcy appear on the credit report even though it may not make much difference in a credit score? You are entitled to add a statement to your credit report(s) which must be included whenever the report is requested. Take advantage of it. Write all three of the major reporting agencies and ask to append a brief statement.