Can I get back in the US before the 10 year ban? 8 Answers as of January 16, 2011

I was deported from the us in 2005. I had a small domestic case (non deportable) and removal was based on non compliance with F1 visa. I have a 6 year old in the us. I miss her so much. Could I get back in the US before the 10 year ban?

Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A. | Carlos Sandoval
Only if you are granted a waiver.
I do not believe you can apply, unless you can demonstrate that your daughter, or a U.S. citizen or legal resident wife is suffering an extraordinary or extreme hardship, due to your absence from the country. Mere separation is not enough. It has to result in severe financial loss or jeopardy of physical health. You could apply for that if you have the situation through an I-212a application for permission. If you have such an opportunity, in your opinion, feel free to call or e-mail me to schedule a phone consultation. I do have Skype.
Danielle please provide a general explanation of the options. We would be happy to advise you on your case. I would suggest setting up a phone consultation - we charge $350 per hour - but the amount paid for the consult would then be a credit toward the fees for your case if we are retained.
No you cannot.
Pauly P.A.
Pauly P.A. | Clemens W. Pauly
You need to contact an immigration lawyer with this question to get advice if you qualify for a waiver or not.
    A general waiver can be filed before consulate. There are a few grounds for this. Let us know if you need help on that.
    Not too likely (in my opinion).
    You can apply for a visitor visa and apply for a waiver of the 10 year bar. However, the visa is not likely to be granted given your prior F1 status violation, and because you have daughter in the U.S. While you may think having a US Citizen daughter would be a positive factor in getting the visa, it is actually a negative factor because the consulate will believe you are less likely to return home after your stay expires.