Can I get automobile insurance after getting charged with DUI? 45 Answers as of May 30, 2013

It is possible to obtain automobile insurance even I got DUI conviction before.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Cornish, Crowley, Rockafellow, & Sartz, PLLC
Cornish, Crowley, Rockafellow, & Sartz, PLLC | Jacob Peter Sartz IV
Yes, but you will usually pay more.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 6/21/2012
Law Office of Phillip Weiser
Law Office of Phillip Weiser | Phillip L. Weiser
Yes, there are companies who will write a policy for someone who has DUI convictions. The rates may be very high.
Answer Applies to: Kansas
Replied: 3/26/2012
Palumbo and Kosofsky
Palumbo and Kosofsky | Michael Palumbo
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 5/30/2013
Correia-Champa & Mailhot
Correia-Champa & Mailhot | Susan Correia Champa
Yes. The cost may be hire, but yes you may obtain insurance.
Answer Applies to: Massachusetts
Replied: 3/26/2012
Law Office of Thomas A. Medford, Jr., PC
Law Office of Thomas A. Medford, Jr., PC | Thomas A. Medford, Jr.
The brief answer is yes. You should contact the DMV concerning assigned risk, i.e., SR-22 and JR-11 insurance.
Answer Applies to: District of Columbia
Replied: 3/26/2012
Click to View More Answers:
12 3 4 5 6 7 8 Free Legal QuestionsConnect with a local attorney

Need more information on drunk driving law? Visit our free DUI resource page to learn more.

If you need immediate assistance, fill out a free case evaluation form to connect with a DUI lawyer in your area today!