Can I get assistance from my husband if we are separated? 5 Answers as of April 25, 2011

I’ve been married for a little over two years to a Marine stationed in California. We have been separated since June of 2010. He has not paid spousal support since then. I would like to see if there is a way to file the divorce paperwork and have the fees paid for by him. I know he is living in our home with another woman who has a small child. I'm not interested in him anymore, I just simply want to put this behind me and move forward. If you could be of any assistance I would gladly appreciate it. Thank you.

Law Office of John C. Volz
Law Office of John C. Volz | John C. Volz
You may filed for divorce and in that petition, you can request spousal support, attorney fees and property distribution.
I can help you with this matter. I have experience in military divorce issues. Please contact me for a free consultation.
Goldberg Jones
Goldberg Jones | Zephyr Hill
You might be able to make him reimburse you for your costs of filing, but you will need to pay initially. In your Petition you will request spousal support and attorney fees from him. It will be up to the Judge to determine the amount he must pay you if any. On the other hand, he is potentially in trouble with the Marines if you contact his command. He is obligated to care for you financially while you are married under their code of conduct.
You can file for divorce and have the court fees waived, then request spousal support.
You can file for divorce and ask that he pay your attorney fees. It will be up to the court to determine how much he has to pay you.