Can I get arrested if drugs are found in my repossessed car? 3 Answers as of February 18, 2011

My car was repossessed and I had left a marijuana joint in the ash tray. Can I be arrested for this?

Yes, but you probably will not be arrested, because the police cannot prove that someone else did not leave marijuana in the vehicle
Law Office of Michael Moody
Law Office of Michael Moody | Michael Moody
Yes you can be arrested. However, it would be an extremely weak case against you in my opinion since obviously other people have had access to your car since the repossession, like the repo man. Probable cause to arrest is a much less than proving guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
I am Richard Goolsby, Goolsby Law Firm, LLC, Augusta, GA. I would recommend that you retain an experienced criminal defense attorney to advise you as to your rights and option, because it would appear that there is a possibility that you could be charged. Good luck!