Can I get arrears paid if my ex is deceased? Posted on April 22, 2011

my ex was court-ordered in 1995 to pay $350/mo in child support, I recieved maybe $3500 in all these years. I did my yearly call to child support expecting to get the same old answer- they did nothing and I never heard from my Ex. But it took them over a year AND me calling child support for them to inform me my ex died several months before. I'm getting social security but child support suggested i get a lawyer due to the nature of the case...( maybe get some paid back to me from state or federal?) My ex died while in custody in Louisiana; I live in Oklahoma. I even still have letters from CSS during the time my ex was DEAD saying their ususal stuff " we're trying to get him, etc, etc, etc"., it was a total joke, but I was out probably around $80,000 in arrears. I'm getting social security but is there anything else we can do on this? thank you,
Angela Kidd

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: