Can I get any of my felonies removed from my record? 4 Answers as of August 15, 2011

I have 3 drug convictions on my record. My first convictions was in the late 80's which resulted to probation. I didn't complete the probation, I was convicted of felony number 2, which resulted to prison time (2 and half years), this was the early nineties. I came home and completed the parole time in 1993, in 1997 I was convicted of a 2 drug sale, which resulted to me going back to prison. I was released in 2003, and completed my parole time in 2006, is there anyway that I can get some of this off my record? It's really hurting my chances of me obtaining meaningful employment.

New York does not have a exungement statute. You will always have these criminal convictions. New York State has chosen to let employers know if people are drug dealers, rapists, or thieves before they hire them. This is a problem for those who have changed their ways and now seek employment. If you cannot get a good job you must start your own business. Then you can choose to hire anyone you choose, even former drug dealers.
You should hire an attorney to try to expunge them but it is not easy to do.
Gonzalez Law Associates P.C.
Gonzalez Law Associates P.C. | Carlos Gonzalez
Yes, you can... I'd suggest hiring an attorney as soon as you can the process is lengthy and complicated... If you're interested in hiring an attorney contact us when you're ready
Rothstein Law PLLC
Rothstein Law PLLC | Eric Rothstein
NY doesn't expunge records.