Can I get an uncontested divorce if I have been separated for 10 years? 3 Answers as of February 17, 2017

He lives in another state. Our son is now 14. We are in agreement with everything, just trying to figure out the fastest and easiest way to get divorced as I'm pregnant and trying to get married again.

There's actually no reason why you can't do an uncontested divorce. However, please note that the length of time to return to the status of a single person is the same whether it's a complicated or simple property division case. The minimum time before you can be returned to the status of a single person is six months from the date that the petition for divorce was served on the other side.
Peyton and Associates | Barbara Peyton
The fastest way is to file papers right away. However, no divorce in California can happen faster than 180 days from when the other side is served with papers. I suggest you file papers right away. If you don't know where to serve him, the court has a procedure to serve him by publication in a newspaper.
Law Offices of Gerard A Fierro
Law Offices of Gerard A Fierro | Gerard A Fierro
You can obtain a contested divorce when both parties cooperate and either one party agrees to be in default or the parties signed an agreement and documents needed to complete the divorce action. It takes at least 6 months to obtain a divorce so you will want to file and serve the Petition without delay.