Can I get an SSN and work authorization while waiting for I-130 or I have to get approval first to obtain them? 6 Answers as of September 03, 2014

I applied for I-130 in California over 10 month ago. Can I get a SSN and work permit while my case is still pending or do I have to get approved first in order to obtain them?

You are not eligible to apply for or obtain a SS# simply on the basis of the I-130. However, if your I-130 is filed by an immediate relative you are eligible to file I-485 if you are lawfully present in the US or entered the US lawfully and on that basis you can apply for employment authorization which will, in turn, allow you to obtain a SS#.
You must wait.
Penn Law
Penn Law | Gigi Penn
Based on the limited information you provided, the short answer is that you may file the I-765 if you are adjusting your status. You must reference your I-485 receipt number. Consult the USCIS website for instructions about this form and to check your eligibility. Or seek the help of an immigration lawyer.
Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC
Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC | Pho Ethan Tran
You can't get a SSN solely on the basis of the filing of an I-130 petition unless you are eligible under some other basis. You can get additional information on the requirements for a SSN at http://www.ssa.gov/ssnumber/ss5doc.htm.
You are not eligible for a employment authorization and social security card unless you have a Form I-485 pending. It is unclear whether you are eligible to file a Form I-485.
    Baughman & Wang
    Baughman & Wang | Justin X. Wang
    No. The filing or the approval of I-130 does not give you any legal status in the US. Only after you filed I-485 and received EAD you may apply for SS#.