Can I get an order of protection against someone who resides in a different state than I do? 1 Answers as of January 31, 2011

I live in AZ, my ex-boyfriend lives in PA. I moved here to get away from him. He is threatening me, tracing my phone and harassing myself as well as my family. what can I do legally?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Jackson White, PC
Jackson White, PC | Jeremy Geigle
In Arizona orders of protection are fairly easy to obtain. Courts seem to error on the side of protecting the person who feels harassed. In order to obtain a valid order of protection against a person who resides in another state, go to your local court and fill out the paperwork for the injunction. You will then need to have the injunction served on the person who resides out of state. He or she could then challenge the injunction and request a hearing. If the injunction is upheld, and the person violates the order, he or she could be brought into court to answer on misdemeanor charges of violating the order of protection.
Answer Applies to: Arizona
Replied: 1/31/2011
Click to View More Answers: