Can I get an old DUI from 5 years ago expunged? 6 Answers as of June 15, 2015

Can I get an old DUI from 5 years ago expunged? I was 18. I am about to graduate and don't want this on my record. Would grad schools be able to see it? Can I get it off? How much would it cost?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Universal Law Group, Inc. | Francis John Cowhig
In California, DUIs remain on your DMV record for 10 years and cannot be expunged from your DMV record. The DUI convictions may be expunged from the court records, at the discretion of a judge, but can still be used as enhancements for future DUI filings and convictions.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/15/2015
The Law Offices of Harold L. Wallin | Harold L. Wallin
An Illinois DUI can be expunged only if it was dismissed or you were found not guilty. Contact a local attorney or go to the County Clerk's office for the forms if you wish to try to do this yourself.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 6/12/2015
The Rogers Law Firm
The Rogers Law Firm | Andrea Storey Rogers
If you pleaded guilty or were found guilty of DUI, then you can get a first-time misdemeanor DUI conviction expunged after 10 years have passed if you have had no other alcohol-related law enforcement contacts during that 10-year period. Yes, graduate schools will see your DUI conviction if they run a criminal background check on you. Once you get it expunged, they should not be able to see it.
Answer Applies to: Missouri
Replied: 6/12/2015
Richard B. Jacobson & Associates, LLC | Richard B. Jacobson
Some convictions can be expunged, but I do not think OWI is one of them. A first offense OWI in Wisconsin, however, is not a criminal offense. Subsequent ones are criminal. Drink all you want, but don't drive for many hours after. Good Luck.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 6/12/2015
Nichols Law Firm
Nichols Law Firm | Michael J. Nichols
You cannot expunge a DUI in Michigan.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 6/12/2015
    Law Office of Jeff Yeh
    Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
    You need to have successfully completed the entire term of probation, have nothing criminal pending, and not be on probation for any other offense(s). Contact a lawyer to file the petition for expungement on your behalf.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 6/12/2015
Click to View More Answers:

Need more information on drunk driving law? Visit our free DUI resource page to learn more.

If you need immediate assistance, fill out a free case evaluation form to connect with a DUI lawyer in your area today!