Can I get an F2 Visa for a dependent after I got mine? 1 Answers as of June 30, 2011

I got a F1 visa, and my daughter did not want to come with me back when I got it. Now she changed her mind, and she wants to come. I can get her I20 form from the university, but my question is whether she will have problems in US Consulate, because she did not want to come before, and suddenly change of mind in 2 weeks after I got my visa. In general are there any guidelines on when it is better to apply for F2 visa for your dependent? At the same time as for F1, or 6 months later, after you started a school, or 1 year later, or 2 weeks later? Thank you very much in advance!

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Christine Troy
Law Office of Christine Troy | Christine Troy
A minor child is allowed to apply for an F-2 visa. Please speak with your FSO at your college for the appropriate documents and then mail these to your child. An adult should attend the interview with her. The US consulate can issue the visa but is not required to do so. However generally with a child, this is common place. I have clients who apply together, after or much later. As long as their was no fraud/misrepresentation, this is allowed.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/30/2011
Click to View More Answers: