Can I get an expungement of a federal manufacturing of Marijuana charge? 20 Answers as of July 12, 2013

I have never been in trouble with the law, before or after. I never came up positive on any drug test. I am a veteran of the US Army, with almost 14 years, and I am currently due to graduate from college with an Associate's Degree in Medical Assisting in December 2011.

I am uncertain. I would begin by going to the Alabama Board of Pardons and Paroles website. Stay well.
This response is general information only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. However , without further details i cannot determine whether an application to expunge the conviction would be successful, but you should hire an attorney to try.
I do not know of any federal expungement laws.
Bloom Legal, LLC
Bloom Legal, LLC | Seth J. Bloom
This will depend largely upon your state laws. Contact an attorney directly in your area to discuss your options for expunging your record.
Justin Jones Attorney at Law, PLLC
Justin Jones Attorney at Law, PLLC | Justin Blaine Jones
Unfortunately, you cannot get a federal conviction expunged. Your only recourse would be to obtain a presidential pardon. You can contact the United States Department of Justice for information on how to apply for such.
    New York does not have an expungement statute. You will have a criminal conviction and criminal record forever and it is now available for anyone who wants to search it for $40 online. You will not have a problem with a marijuana possession, two of the last four US Presidents smoked pot, a third smoked it but didn't inhale. He also didn't have sex with that woman. A manufacturing conviction, federal felony, or sale will hurt you in many ways, especially with large corporations, the government, and the medical and legal profession.
    Each state has specific statutes regarding expungement of state criminal convictions. The federal court has specific statutes for expungement as well. You should contact an attorney who is experienced in federal law to discuss the specific conviction you have and whether it is expungeable under federal law.
    You cannot expunge the crime, but you may be eligible for a pardon. Call me for a free consult.
    Law Office of Michael Moody
    Law Office of Michael Moody | Michael Moody
    If you plead guilty or were found guilty, there is no such thing as an expungement. Expungements apply when someone was arrested and either he was found not guilty or the case was dismissed. If you have a conviction, then you need to apply through the governor's office for a Pardon.
    There are no expungements in the Federal system I am afraid.
    This charge can be expunged from your record provided that it has been at least five years since either you pleaded guilty or were released from prison and as long as you have no other charge of any kind on your record including misdemeanors and juvenile adjudications. You can get the packet on "How to Set Aside a Criminal Conviction" and do it yourself or you can retain a lawyer who handles such matters to do it for you.
    Law Office of Shawn Crowley LLC
    Law Office of Shawn Crowley LLC | Shawn Roric Crowley
    I'm sorry to say that it is not possible to expunge any federal felony other than by presidential pardon. It is not a matter of rehabilitation or good character, their is no legal provision for expungement in the federal system.
    Law Offices of Karen Kilpatrick
    Law Offices of Karen Kilpatrick | Karen Kilpatrick
    I'm sorry, but I'm not aware of any particular federal expungement laws. That said, you may want to reach out to an attorney more familiar with federal law, since my area of expertise is in Florida. Sorry can't be of more assistance and good luck!
    Apple Law Firm PLLC
    Apple Law Firm PLLC | David Goldman
    While federal crimes are eligible for this, the government has never funded it so in effect the answer is no.
    No. Federal law has no expungement provisions. You would need a Presidential pardon.
    Howard W. Collins, Attorney at Law
    Howard W. Collins, Attorney at Law | Howard W. Collins
    Oregon state law allows expungement of certain class C felony and misdemeanors. I do not know about any Federal expungement law. By your question I assume you were prosecuted by the Feds, so you will need to speak to a lawyer with Federal criminal experience.
    I know that under Illinois law, you are not able to have a felony conviction expunged. I am not sure if you are able to do this in the Federal courts. I would suggest going to the Clerk of the District Court where the matter was resolved, to see if you qualify for an expungement.
    No. There is no federal expungement process.
    Rothstein Law PLLC
    Rothstein Law PLLC | Eric Rothstein
    It is legally possible in a federal case but an uphill battle. You need to show it HAS affected your ability to get a job. I've made the motion before. Contact me if you wish to go retain counsel.