Can I get an expungement if I have convictions in more than one state? 4 Answers as of February 17, 2011

If I have only one conviction in Michigan (10 years ago), but another conviction in a separate state, can I still apply to set aside the conviction?

Law Office of Daniel J. Larin
Law Office of Daniel J. Larin | Daniel Larin
No, you will be required to state under oath that you only have the one conviction or you are not eligible for expungement.
Cornish, Crowley, Rockafellow, & Sartz, PLLC
Cornish, Crowley, Rockafellow, & Sartz, PLLC | Jacob Peter Sartz IV
My first advice would be to obtain an attorney to assist you with this matter. Expunging a crime in Michigan is complicated. Speaking in general terms, there are several significant obstacles to getting offenses expunged in Michigan. This answer does not provide specific legal advice. If you need specific advice, I would advice you to consult an attorney.

Expunging a criminal charge is great way of clearing up past mistakes. However, generally, an applicant must only have one, single, count or charge, whether it's a misdemeanor or felony. Further, only certain types of felonies or misdemeanors are eligible. As part of the application process, courts will evaluate a person's conduct out of the state of Michigan and will also consider whether a person had any police contact; regardless if it resulted in a conviction. If a person has more than one conviction for a misdemeanor or felony on their record, whether it was multiple counts from the original case, or separate convictions, they are generally not eligible. However, every person's situation is a little different. Please consult with and retain a criminal defense attorney, preferably an experienced one who has handled these matters, to assist you with the process and provide specific legal advice. Most attorneys offer free initial consultations. The right legal council ensure that your paperwork is handled properly and increases your chances of completing the process.
Law Office of Martin Blank
Law Office of Martin Blank | Martin E. Blank
You can not get an impingement if you have more than one conviction.
You can only get an expungement in Michigan if you only have one conviction on your record. If you have another conviction from another state (unless it is the equivalent to a traffic offense or civil infraction) then you would not be able to get your record in Michigan expunged. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Best of everything.