Can I get an expungement for an attempted murder charge? 2 Answers as of May 31, 2011

I have a friend that has felony charge of attempted murder what his options for expunging his record in new orleans so he can get a decent job.

Bloom Legal, LLC
Bloom Legal, LLC | Seth J. Bloom
This will depend upon the current disposition of his charges and sentence (i.e. whether or not he has successfully completed probation, etc.) Since we are a local New Orleans law firm, we invite you to contact our firm at the information on this page to speak directly with someone who will be able to evaluate the possibility of conducting an expungement based upon more specific information.
NOLA Criminal Law
NOLA Criminal Law | Townsend Myers
If your friend was convicted of attempted murder, he cannot get an expungement. If, however, he was arrested for the crime but never prosecuted, had the charges dismissed, or was found not guilty, he MAY petition the court for an expungement.