Can I get an attorney to file a motion to correct the record? 31 Answers as of July 03, 2013

Can I get an attorney to file a motion to correct the record?

Law Offices of Kenneth Wincorn P.C.
Law Offices of Kenneth Wincorn P.C. | Kenneth Wincorn
It is called a Motion Nunc Pro Tunc and the answer is yes.
It depends on what you want corrected. If the correction is a typo, that is a Nunc Pro Tunc issue and very easy. If however, the record is complete and you disagree with one part of it, you have to show it is wrong.
I would need to know the details. If the record is a transcript of a trial or hearing and it is really a mistake than a motion can be made. If you mean trying to correct a record of conviction of a crime that might involve an appeal to prove you were improperly convicted.
You can consult with an attorney as to filing a motion to correct a record. Whether it can be corrected or not depends on the grounds or reasons for correcting it.
Of course you can hire an attorney to file a Motion. If you are talking about Court-Appointed and your case is closed, then the Court is likely not going to appointed for such a motion. I hope that this was helpful.
    Attorney & Counselor at Law
    Attorney & Counselor at Law | John Hugger
    If the time for filing the motion to correct has not expired, you can move to correct the record, but expect the other side to oppose it.
    You can always hire an attorney to represent you or file motions on your behalf in a case. I'm not sure what you mean by "correcting the record." You would have to go into more detail in order to give you a clearer answer or better yet you should probably just speak with an attorney.
    Depending on the nature of the motion you desire, I would suggest that you hire an attorney for a consultation, and discuss your matter with him before expending a lot of money filing motions. An experienced criminal attorney should be able to determine whether it is worth the effort to file the motion you desire.
    Law & Mediation Office of Jeffrey L. Pollock, Esq.
    Law & Mediation Office of Jeffrey L. Pollock, Esq. | Jeffrey Lawrence Pollock
    Yes. That is how lawyers earn a living by being paid to handle such concerns.
    It would depend on the stage of the proceedings and what you mean by "correct the record."
    Law Office of Edward J. Blum
    Law Office of Edward J. Blum | Edward J. Blum
    Yes or you can do it yourself.
    Probably. Call one and talk to him or her.
    There is no such thing as a Motion to correct the record. Whether there is an applicable legal action would depend on the case status and what you are trying to accomplish.
    I have no idea what you mean by "correct the record". You are always free to call an attorney and most will provide a free consultation over the phone. If you want to make a correction as to what was said in court that is possible. If you want to expunge a criminal record that is not possible in New York State. If you explain your problem perhaps I can help you, but you must make it clear what you want done. You can only get an attorney appointed if you are charged in criminal or family court and are indigent, not to make a 440.10 motion to vacate a conviction or to "correct a record".
    The Zwiebel Law Firm, LLC
    The Zwiebel Law Firm, LLC | Elizabeth Zwiebel
    That depends what record you are referring to. If you are wanting a pardon, then yes, an attorney can file on your behalf to be considered for a pardon to correct your records.
    The Law Offices of Victor J Mazzaraco
    The Law Offices of Victor J Mazzaraco | Victor J Mazzaraco
    Yes you can.
    Baner and Baner
    Baner and Baner | Jonathan Baner
    Probably, but it isn't known what "correct the record" means.
12 3 4 5 6 Free Legal QuestionsConnect with a local attorney