Can I get an apartment for me and my children during the divorce? 3 Answers as of June 15, 2012

I'm staring a seperation and my husband won't leave the house.He's making me & my kids uncomfortable & just a miserable place to live.Can I get an apartment for me & my 2 kids?Or am I not allowed to take them out of the house?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Varadi, Hair & Checki, LLC
Varadi, Hair & Checki, LLC | Galen M. Hair
In order to start the divorce, you will be required to separate. It makes sense to contact an attorney and prepare all the paperwork including a motion for interim custody. You can file these documents in order to coincide with the timing of your move.
Answer Applies to: Louisiana
Replied: 6/15/2012
Theodore W. Robinson, P.C.
Theodore W. Robinson, P.C. | Theodore W. Robinson
Yes, you can get an apartment, but only after getting the approval of a Court to do so. To do so you should go to Family Court directly or start an action for Divorce and ask the Supreme Court for permission. You will have to show a justifiable reason other than you're miserable being with someone you no longer love or want to be with. You will have to show the Judge some legitimate reason for asking to take those children away from their father too. Speak to an attorney directly about this as soon as possible if you want to get it done. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 5/17/2012
Bruce Plesser | Bruce Plesser
You can ask the court for interim relief.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 5/16/2012
Click to View More Answers: