Can I get all of my money back if I haven’t heard from my attorney? 7 Answers as of November 28, 2016

I have already paid the attorney’s fees and the $335 to file for chapter 7 bankruptcy for a total of $1533.89. I paid this fee today. I called the lawyer yesterday and I paid the lawyer. After l paid, I have yet to hear from any attorney. I am pretty angry about that.

CARL C SILVER ATTORNEY AT LAW
CARL C SILVER ATTORNEY AT LAW | Carl C Silver
I don't see why not.
Eranthe Law Firm
Eranthe Law Firm | Cate Eranthe
If I read this correctly you are upset because you haven't heard from your lawyer in one day. This is Thanksgiving week and most of us are barely getting the work done that must be completed in order to take a day off and spend it with our family. There is no way your case is ready a day after you paid the lawyer and I think you have a very low fee. If you want a refund and no work is completed, you can likely get one. Put your request in writing. Your lawyer likely has many other cases. Maybe the facts are different, but from what I read there is no reason to be upset. It sounds like your lawyer should have set your expectations. If I called my clients every day I couldn't get any work done. They understand that emails will get a quicker response and that it isn't reasonable to expect a telephone call returned immediately unless it is an emergency.
Lawyers can need more than a day to respond. A one day delay is NOT horrible unless you have a pending emergency. I think you are being unreasonable. I have days where I am not in the office due to court appearances, depositions, and the like.
You paid today and haven't heard from the lawyer yet? That seems a bit premature.
Portland Bankruptcy Law Group
Portland Bankruptcy Law Group | Christopher J. Kane
You should give the lawyer more time to get back to you. They are probably very busy helping all of their clients and will probably return your call as soon as they are able.
    Timothy Casey Theisen, P.A. | Tim Theisen
    If you haven't even met with the attorney, I can't see how they could refuse to refund you. Unless of course you were ripped off by a place impersonating an attorney office.
    It is a holiday weekend and most attorneys are taking off the entire week. I am going in for surgery myself. If you expect to hear back from the attorney you paid today and you do not have an emergency, call the office and get your money back. No attorney wants an angry client on day one and your expectations of the services you are to receive are unrealistic.