Can I get a 25 year old broken car winshield charge expunged in Kansas? 1 Answers as of January 25, 2011

As an 18 year old kid, I broke a car windshield and used a court appointed attorney who promptly waived my preliminary hearing and plead me guilty. After some 25 years later, I am seeking to have my felony conviction expunged. I am now disabled and not in good health and would prefer not to die a convicted felon. What can I do?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Phillip Weiser
Law Office of Phillip Weiser | Phillip L. Weiser
Yes, expungement of the conviction is available to you. To obtain the expungement you must either have an attorney prepare the appropriate Motion and Order (or you can prepare them if you feel competent to do so. You must file the papers in the Court where you received the conviction, and there are usually court filing fees that may apply along with the attorney fees to prepare the papers and represent you.
Answer Applies to: Kansas
Replied: 1/25/2011
Click to View More Answers: