Can I get a 20 year old DUI expunged and how? 5 Answers as of August 19, 2015

I was charged with a DUI 20 years ago. I because a felony fugitive due to paperwork issues and was arrested in another state. The case was dismissed with prejudice in 2001. Can I get it expunged from my record?

Law Office of Darin Kanfer | Darin J. Kanfer
In Michigan, you cannot get any driving offenses expunged.
I do not understand the facts which you are presenting. If your DUI was dismissed with prejudice then it no longer exists, at least as a conviction. On the other hand, if you absconded and did not answer the charges properly you could have been charged as a felony fugitive. I would suggest that you take all of the details to an attorney in the state where the felony want warrant was issued and attempt to get it straightened out. It is possible to have a felony expunged in the state of Michigan but under the circumstances I cannot form an opinion whether or not an expungement is available at this time.
The Law Offices of Harold L. Wallin | Harold L. Wallin
Yes a dismissed DUI can be expunged if the case was dismissed without a guilty plea or finding of guilt.
Connell-Savela
Connell-Savela | Jason Savela
If there is no conviction from the DUI case, we can seal it from public view. I do this all the time.
Law Office of Edward J. Blum
Law Office of Edward J. Blum | Edward J. Blum
If it was dismissed, you don't need to get it expunged.